Love Notes & Getting my Mojo back.

I lost my Mojo a month or so back. To the point where I couldn't stand instagram, or writing, or making. I felt so much internal pressure to document and photograph everything I did, So I just stopped all together. Everything. I had no creative motivation, but I also wasn't worried about what everyone else thought, about comments or likes or followers. It took a couple of months to shake off all the bad juju and to start making again, but I did. I wrote some letters - I didn't document them, I didn't photograph them - and the world didn't end. So I wrote some more, I created for me, I spent some time getting back to basics and remembering why I loved what I do.
It was good.
and then something happened. I really wanted to share something I'd created. really, honestly and authentically. That simple.
 
love notes left around my local #northernbeaches
 
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710282852_zpscxb6e3tm.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710416463_zpsrtldm9y1.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442724601318_zpsemmjunjo.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710371367_zpseefmuwwd.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442724526145_zpseom9uxie.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710399426_zpskgrdxbwh.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442724548234_zpsrjb1pmfg.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442724495447_zps0sgfdn2i.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710506668_zpsax7yp8ka.jpg
 photo eyeemfiltered1442710430121_zpsf3smzqkd.jpg

 photo Screenshot 3_zpsrlyyeelh.png

some love from greenhouse gypsy

 photo Screenshot 4_zpsmmlgkvxr.png

&& from joscelin.
 
 
all I want to do, for the rest of my life, is be that warm yellow light
that radiates around strangers and loved ones alike.
 

4 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to the pressure to document everything for a blog or social media and how that can take out some of the momentum and joy of just CREATING. But I can't tell you how happy I was to see that you had posted! Yayyyyy these look gorgeous, Rin! So no pressure to keep posting or "get back at it" - but just know that you are appreciated and delighted in whenever you have the genuine urge to show your work. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing.

    I've found myself coming back to your site quite a few times and missed your presence here. But I also thought, you do you! Our constantly connected world can sometimes create such a disconnect. We post and share and like and comment and it almost feels like if we don't document something online (in the best light, with the best filter) it didn't happen. It's hard not to compare ourselves to ourselves let alone a whole world of strangers online. Even the good things. The best thing we can do for the world is to do the best thing for ourselves. Sometimes that means taking a break. Sometimes that means pushing forward. I'm so glad you got your mojo back and that you continue to spread love wherever you go!

    Welcome back beautiful! And if ever you feel like you need to leave again, just for a bit, don't worry. We'll be right here waiting for you when you're ready to come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my summer like that... I'm so glad I got mine back as well =)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou For Spreading the Love! Keep Writing.
Peace & Love xo

paperedthoughts All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger